Hang tight – photos are coming of my gear list at some point. Yep, I shoot micro four thirds 🙂
- Panasonic Lumix G9 – my main camera especially for traveling.
- Olympus Pen F – my everyday carry; I try to bring it with me everywhere.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ – I use the image apps from Panasonic and Olympus to transfer and even edit photos on the Lightroom CC app; I also take photos on their
camerahere and there.
This list is kind of in order of what I use most often.
- Olympus 12-40 mm Pro f/2.8 – fallback lens if I need something versatile; I almost always bring it with me when I travel.
- Olympus 17 mm f/1.8 – this was one of my favorite lenses to stick on the E-M5 II, and now the Pen F.
- DJI 15 mm f/1.7 (aka Panasonic Leica 15mm) – it’s slowly replacing the 17mm f/1.8; it’s the default lens for my Pen F.
- Olympus 17 mm Pro f/1.2 – it was a reactive buy to the really tough time I was having shooting low-light photos without a flash; it’s on my body when I go out for the evening with friends.
- Panasonic Leica 25 mm f/1.4 – wanted a nicer nifty fifty and this was a good compromise between the Panasonic 25 mm f/1.7 and the Olympus 25 mm Pro f/1.2; it’s a newer addition to my collection and I’m excited to cut down on distortion from shooting so much on 15 mm and 17 mm.
- Olympus 45 mm f/1.8 – I don’t always shoot portraits but when I do, this lens is great; I also love using it for more candidate photographs during social outings.
- Panasonic Leica 8-18 mm f/2.8-4.0 – I can’t really see the “Leica” qualities of its images, but it’s built really well with a fast aperture but with the flexibility of extra reach.
- Panasonic Lumix 100-300 mm f/4.0-5.6 – really small lens that I love to bring when I’m traveling to national or state parks; I also throw it on when shooting sports, such as our friends’ flag football league.
No longer on my gear list – this gear I’ve sold.
- Go Pro Hero 4 Silver – I’m not really doing interesting active things that put my gear in danger.
- Olympus 9-18 mm f/4.0-5.6 – the first wide-angle lens I
owned untilI soldeit to upgradto some nicer glass.
- Panasonic 20 mm f/1.7 (both version I and II) – I missed the version II after having the Olympus 17mm for some time after selling it to switch that I bought a version 1; then I realized how much overlap there really was so I sold the version I.
- Sigma 30mm f/2.8 – it was a little too tight for the type of photography I was doing at the time; I ended up selling it since I almost always used the 20 mm instead.
- Panasonic Lumix G kit lens: I eventually purchased the Olympus 12-40 mm Pro.
- Olympus Pen E-PL5 – it started to hold me back when I wanted to learn more so I switched to the E-M5II.
- Panasonic GF3 – my first interchangeable lens camera.